Buccaneers Ice Hockey Club
Substitutes Only (A player who has chosen not to be a part of a team)
- You may only substitute in one grade at a time for a given season. That is, if you select to be a substitute for C Grade you may not then be a substitute for B Grade as well and so on.
- You will not be allowed to substitute more than 1/3 of the current regular season. This may be extended to a maximum of 1/2 of the current regular season at the discretion of the committee.
- You will have priroty in being a general substitute under Policy #1 over a Regular Player.1
- You have priority in being an extended substitute under Policy #2 and may play up to the entire season under that policy.
Regular Players (A player who is a rostered member of a team)
- You may only substitute in the grade above your current grade and may not substitute in a grade lower or the same grade; the exception to this rule will be goalies as long as all teams agree to the substitution.
- If you have paid all required monies, you will be allowed to substitute for up to 1/4 of the current regular season games. This may be extended to a maximum of 1/3 of the current regular season at the discretion of the committee.
- If you play more than 1/2 of the regular season under Policy #2 you will be considered a trade to the higher grade for the next regular season.
- Substitutes Only will have preference in filling spots for an Extended substitution under Policy #12 and Policy #2 over Regular Players who have paid all applicable monies.
- A player must have substituted at least once for the team in order to be eligible to substitute for the same team in a playoff game.
1. General substitution.
- All general substitutes are required to pay the team Captain / Manager $10.00 for every game they substitute in.
- Team Captains / Managers are required to collect the substitute fees before or directly after the game and pass all payments along with a list of names onto the President, Vice President, Treasurer or Game Manager.
- If a substitute fails to pay their game fees the name must be listed with “NO PAYMENT” recorded next to it.
- Fees collected in this manner will be used towards the end of Season festivities.
2. Extended substitution.
- A single player or group of named players may act as a substitute for an extended absence.
- There will be no $10.00 game fee collected; instead an arrangement will be entered into by the Team and the substitute to pay agreed costs for the absent player they are covering.
- The substitutes name must be noted against the absent player and they must wear the same number as the absent player.
Version 1.1 - 14.05.2014 - 1, 2 updated to ensure that Substitutes Only get first preference at all times under both Policy #1 and #2.