Buccaneers Ice Hockey Club
What do you need to play Ice Hockey at Boondall?
1. You need to be able to skate. In order to play ice hockey, skaters must be able to skate forwards, perform forward cross-overs & stop. If you don't have appropriate skating skills, take a learn to skate course! You can find more information about learning to skate here.
2. Equipment. You will need the following bits of gear to play:
- Helmet with Visor / Cage (Players born after December 31, 1974 shall wear, as a minimum, a visor. Full cage recommended)
- Hockey Gloves
- Elbow pads
- Shoulder pads
- Shin guards
- Hockey Pants
- Hockey Skates
- Hockey Stick
- Mouth guard (Under 20 Required to wear Mouth Guard)
- Neck / Throat Protector (Under 18 Required to wear Neck / Throat Protector)
You can get gear from local shops in brisbane...
- You must be registered with Ice Hockey Australia and Ice Hockey Queensland. To get your registration follow the steps found in the Buccs member registration below.
- You must also be a member of the Buccs to play in league games, attend Buccs trainings, play in bucs pickup games. You can get your Buccs membership online here: http://bucs.hockeysyte.com/store/product/920
4. Let us know you are available to play! Use the Contact Form and let us know your age, level of skill, position preferred & relevent experience. Then we will get you into the appropriate league games as a player or substitute, invite you to pick-up games and you can attend training. See the calendar for upcoming games and training sessions.
5. Follow us on Twitter to get latest news and scores and check out our facebook page!